Guide

Evanston Cemetery, Evanston

About Evanston Cemetery, Evanston

Evanston was established in 1869, a few months after the tracks of the Union Pacific Railroad were laid through southwestern Wyoming. In 1870, the railroad made Evanston a service point for its steam locomotives, assuring the town’s future.

By the early 1870s, the town cemetery was already established about a mile northeast of the town limits. Within its bounds, separate cemeteries were created in the mid-1870s by the Evanston Masonic Lodge and the Evanston Chapter of the International Order of the Odd Fellows (IOOF). A separate Catholic cemetery was established sometime after the Catholic congregation was founded in 1884.

The largest expansion of the cemetery took place in the mid-1930s, when the “New Section” was constructed as a WPA project.

2422 Seymour Ave, Cheyenne, WY, 82001